UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO BOOKSTORES AND TECHNOLOGY SHOPS REFUND / EXCHANGE POLICY
Original receipt is required for all returns, exchanges & refunds.
Goods must be in perfect condition; packages must be unopened.
TEXTBOOKS/COURSE MATERIALS, MEDICAL TEXT, MEDICAL REFERENCE
- Most items (except those listed below), within 14 days of original purchase date
- Open packages
- Custom courseware
- Access codes
- Spiral bound material
- Medical equipment
- Anatomical models
- Lab and medical wear/supplies,
- Medical review materials.
- Merchandise marked "Final Sale" or "NR”
All course materials will be non-returnable if purchased:
- 6 weeks from the start of term, until the last day of term, for September and January
- 3 weeks from the start of Summer F, S, & Y terms, until the end of each term
GENERAL INTEREST BOOKS, TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS, STATIONERY, CLOTHING, SPORTING GOODS, GIFTS & MISCELLANEOUS
- Most items (except those listed below), within 30 days of original purchase date, in original condition.
- Opened technology hardware/software*
- Software licenses
- Special orders/custom
- BookPOD and thesis printing/binding
- Direct-to-garment printing
- Test prep/exam guides
- Sports equipment/swimwear/accessories
- Personal care items
- Gift/phone cards
- TTC products
- Clothing without the original tags
Cell phones will follow the return policy of the cell phone carrier.
* Defective merchandise may be exchanged for same product.
HOLIDAY GIFT PURCHASES
All holiday gift purchases of clothing and gift product made between November 1 and December 24 may be exchanged or refunded, with original receipt, until January 17 of the following year.
For the purpose of returns, the original purchase date for online orders will be the earlier of when the order is received or 14 days from when it is shipped. We are not able to refund the initial shipping charges for the order and shipping charges to return the product(s) will be the responsibility of the customer. Provided it is within the timelines listed above, customers may also return the products to one of our retail locations.