U of T Bookstore Giveaway Rules & Regulations – August/September 2020
Official Rules (the "Rules") for Contests Offered by University of Toronto Bookstore ("UofT Bookstore" or "We" or "Our" or "Sponsor")
August 18th, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. to September 4th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
September 8th, 2020.
Sponsors and Prizes
University of Toronto Bookstore, Koffler Student Services Centre, 214 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 2Z9. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
Announcement of Prizes:
UofT Bookstore may sponsor contests on Facebook, Instagram and/or uoftbookstore.com (each a "contest" or "giveaway"). The prizes, starting and closing dates and times and the details to enter for any such contest will be announced in a status post, email and/or on uoftbookstore.com.
200 winners will receive a digital voucher that can be redeemed for $50 off purchases from the UofT Bookstore’s online store. The voucher cannot be redeemed in physical UofT Bookstore locations.
Random Drawing and Odds of Winning:
Random drawing will be held on or thereabouts of 9am on Tuesday, September 8th, 2020. Odds of winning are dependent on total number of entrants.
Eligibility and Fees
Contests are open to University of Toronto students only. Students from the St. George, Mississauga and Scarborough campuses are all eligible. Employees, representatives, partners and agents of UofT Bookstore, and its parent companies, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and those living in the same household of such employees, representatives and agents are not eligible to enter. Entrants must correctly answer skill-testing question to be eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
No Entry Fees or Purchase:
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter UofT Bookstore contests.
How to Enter:
Visit uoftbookstore.com/giveaway/ and enter the required information. The skill-testing question on the entry form must be answered correctly to be eligible. Limit one (1) entry per person, per "Draw Period." Upon submission of your entry online, you will be automatically entered in the UofT Bookstore draw that your entry is received for, subject to the qualification in the preceding sentence.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the person identified on the entry submission and is otherwise eligible to win.
U of T Bookstore is not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries, or for any electronic miscommunications or failures of any kind, which may limit an entrant's ability to participate. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any and all lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries will be disqualified. No purchase is necessary to enter or win, and a purchase will not increase the odds of your winning.
All entrants may, by providing your information, be contacted by email to receive information on UofT Bookstore special offers, products, and services. If entrants do not wish to receive this sort of communication, they can simply click on the "Unsubscribe" link in every email.
The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws. The Contest and the Official Rules will be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and shall be adjudicated in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario.
- By entering a UofT Bookstore contest, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of this contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the entry portals on any particular day; or (e) any injury or damage to entrant's or to any other person's computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to obtain further information concerning this Contest.
- Sponsor reserves the right (1) to disqualify any entrant and void any entries of an entrant who has engaged in unsportsmanlike conduct, fraud or other misconduct relative to this Contest or otherwise attempted to tamper with or impair this Contest; and/or (2) to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate this Contest, for any reason, including if, in Sponsor's sole opinion, technical failures, applicable laws or regulations, virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond Sponsor's control destroys the integrity of this Contest or otherwise corrupts or impairs the administration, security, legality, fairness or proper play of this Contest or any part thereof.
- Any attempt by a user or entrant or any other individual to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal law and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the entry form at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- UofT Bookstore reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by UofT Bookstore.
- UofT Bookstore is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize for UofT Bookstore contests is as stated in the status update and/or on the entry page on uoftbookstore.com, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by UofT Bookstore and or its agents.
- The winner will be notified via email within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner.
- In the event of a winner being deemed ineligible or a prize being withdrawn, their prize will be awarded to an alternate entrant, randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Any alternate winner will have the same rights and obligations as the original winner.
- UofT Bookstore will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.