How to build your Course Pack:
- COLLECT AND ORGANIZE THE CONTENT: Collect all your sources. Print the specific page ranges required, organize the documents into your desired order, and create an index.
- SEND XEROX THE FILES: Email all the materials in electronic format to the email address below. A copyright expert is available to answer all your questions and assist you in creating a course pack. If your files are too large to email, Xerox will provide you with access to a file transfer site (e.g. DropBox, etc.).
Email files to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Reprints of existing course packs are considered new projects. You must send these files to Xerox to begin the process as well.
- BIBLIOGRAPHY: Provide the full bibliography for the content you are requesting.
- FINAL APPROVAL: Approve the final course pack before it moves into production. The UofT Bookstore will then issue a purchase order to Xerox.
- NOTIFY STUDENTS THAT THE COURSEPACK IS AVAILABLE AND REQUIRED FOR THE COURSE: Notify your students that the Course Pack will be delivered to the Bookstore, and on the shelves for students to purchase.
Questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact Don Thompson, Text Manager, University of Toronto Bookstore.
Partnership with Xerox
The University of Toronto Bookstore, a division of University of Toronto Press, and Xerox Canada are pleased to announce they have entered into an agreement for providing course pack services to the University of Toronto.
Course packs serve as a convenient, affordable custom resource for both you and your students. Course Packs allow you to decide what you want to include, while reducing the need for your students to purchase several textbooks, lowering costs for them.
With their copyright expertise and experience in course pack production, Xerox is an ideal partner for the U of T Bookstore. Under this new agreement, Xerox will provide support to U of T faculty for course pack production needs.
Course packs will continue to be sold to students through the University of Toronto Bookstores. We provide a friendly, knowledgeable, and convenient one-stop shop for students.
Xerox and the U of T Bookstore are ready to meet all your course pack production needs with top-notch customer service, fast turnaround, and exceptional quality!
We look forward to hearing from you. If you have questions about building a course pack, please do not hesitate to contact Don Thompson, Text Manager at the U of T Bookstore.