Textbook Price Match Guarantee: Shop with Confidence
We work hard to offer you the best prices for your textbooks, and we're always looking for ways to save students money. To show our commitment, we guarantee that if you find any new textbook for less on a Canadian website, we'll match the price, PLUS give you 10% of the difference.
How It Works
Found a lower price for your textbook on another website? You have options!
In-Store Price Match (NOTE: Currently unavailable due to COVID-19 protocols)
- Come to the Bookstore with a copy of the webpage for the lower-priced book (See Terms & Conditions below)
- Visit the Text info Desk to complete a form to verify your price match.
- Once completed, take the form and the copy of the webpage to the customer service desk where you can complete your transaction.
- Before you begin, please read the Terms & Conditions section below carefully to ensure that your book and the competitor listing are eligible for price matching.
- Order your textbook on our website as you normally would. Take note of the order number in the confirmation email you receive, as you will require it for the next step.
- Complete and submit the form on the right-hand side of this page within 72 hours of placing your order.
- Wait for a member of the UofT Bookstore team to review your request. If the item is eligible for price matching and your order has not yet been processed, the price will be adjusted before you are charged. If your order has already been processed, you will be refunded the appropriate amount.
Terms & Conditions
If price matching in-store, your digital or print-out copy of the webpage displaying the lower priced book will need to show the time, date, competitor name and website URL, new book price, and availability. If price matching online, the webpage you provide a link to will also need to include these details at the time our team reviews it. The UofT Bookstore is not liable for price matching if the listed price changes between the time of submission and the time of review.
The textbooks must be identical (same ISBN and edition), and must be in new condition only. We are unable to price match any digital course materials (ebooks, access codes, etc.), rental textbooks, used textbooks, course packs, custom publications, and international or instructor editions.
Online sites must be located in Canada, and do not include peer-to-peer sales, auctions, flea markets, garage sales, and marketplace sites, such as Amazon Marketplace (i.e. from Amazon.ca, but fulfilled by a seller other than Amazon.ca), eBay, Craig's List, and Kijiji. Online quotes must be from a business, not an individual, and must be current and in-stock.
We will retroactively price match purchased textbooks up to three days following the purchase date. All price matched textbooks are final sale.
The U of T Bookstore reserves the right to refuse a price match guarantee for any reason and to change the details of this offer at any time.